Saturday, September 25, 2010

Only time will tell

This semester is already a finished deal in my book. I'm looking forward and noting that I have spring semester - peds & mental health, summer break, fall semester - finishing up adult health, and then boards. In a little over a year I will be a graduate nurse eligible to sit for boards.
That's it? Does the buck stop there?
It's unnerving to think school is over with. I've been in school since I was 3 years old.

A friend I made three years ago when I was finishing up my nursing prerequisites, is now a practicing ob/gyn resident. She loves it. She still has five years of residency and then any fellowships.

I don't know if school is over for me after this program. I'm ruling out a BSN, it just seems a little limiting. I feel finishing a bachelors at UNO would broaden the career playing field a little bit more than a BSN. And I'm also really trying to do some soul searching to decide if medical school is in my future.

I don't know if nursing is the right career fit, the diagnostic appeal of medicine really attracts me. Sometime in the next year I need to go over to the medical school and talk to a counselor.

Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment