Monday, September 27, 2010

My baby has finally arrived!

I've been in nesting mode since this day last week. Last Monday I purchased a cold brew iced coffee toddy on Ebay. Free shipping and some extra filters, saved a few bucks from the regular retailer's website. Score!
I usually ship items to my work address because for some reason, I've rationalized that commercial UPS/Fedex deliverers are cooler. I don't know.
I'm also partial to my delivery guys because I've known them for 6 years and the thought of some new delivery guy handling my packages (no pun intended) just doesn't mentally appeal to me.
Weird quirk, I guess.
So my favorite Fedex guy came in with a package and I almost thought to myself.. I don't remember ordering anything small? I didn't think we had any back shipments... SHIT! That's my iced coffee maker!!!!
And indeed it was! In all it's readiness to provide me with a surplus of iced coffee to feed my caffeine demands. Joy!

So the nesting mode part..
I've been looking for big containers to store the iced coffee in the refrigerator. I don't want to leave it in the decanter, those are expensive to replace.
And, I have to add water to the concentrate as to avoid a caffeine induced/stomach ulcer outbreak - the decanter does not provide this volume so we'll have to store it in another container. The problem with containers is that plastic containers absorb flavor, disturb flavor and emit cancer causing crap. (I went there) (Nevermind the fact that I am a Splenda user)
For the time being I'll store it in the decanter and just add some water and milk as we go.

Also considered where on the counter I want to store the toddy while the coffee grinds bathe in the water for the steeping process.. a bit neurotic, isn't it? Serious business here, we are talking about my life line to juggling work, school and maintaining an AAOx3 state of being.

And the waiting period. 7 days is a long wait for a package.
I completed my nesting mode tonight by making a last minute trip to my favorite coffee house for beans. Now you know, I could have done this step in advance but I so tactically knew I wanted my beans to be fresh for ultimate flavor!
Now.. the iced coffee is steeping away for 12 hours, then it drips.. and it drips.. and then we can enjoy a 2 week supply of delicious iced coffee.

And yes I did just do an entire blog post on my iced coffee maker. Coffee is that big of a part of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment