Saturday, October 30, 2010

Again today, I was forced to endure the pain of an inefficient Barista.

I ordered a grande white mocha americano.

I pay, walk over to the bar area and observe a drink being made...

There is a grande cup with white mocha at the bottom, ICE INSIDE THE CUP ALREADY, and espresso pouring out the machine.

My inner thoughts... I hope that isn't my drink.

Reality... it is my drink.

She serves it up without a smile. I don't smile either.

The line in the cafe has now grown lengthy, so I decided to wait for it to die down and ask it to be remade. I honestly did try to swirl it, use the straw to mix it, vigorously shake it but you see... ICE MAKES SYRUP HARD AND IMPOSSIBLE TO MIX!!!!

SuperBarista is on the register and glances over at me, I cast a rather dismal look.
He asks "everything okay?" (his facial expression implies he already knows the answer)
Me.. I just nodded my head no with a cowarded smile. I truly hate having to complain, but come the fuck on! It's an expensive coffee drink. Starbucks is one of my broke ass nursing student luxuries.

DumbAssBarista occupies herself somewhere else and avoids me. SuperBarista walks over and asks for the drink, holds it up and shakes his head in his own disappointment.
He says he has no problems remaking it.
Normally they quickly chuck the subpar drink into the trash but he put this on aside, I can only imagine for teaching purposes.

He remakes it quicker than DumbAssBarista, and perfectly.

On the way out I stop at the cafe stand to get a cold sleeve for the cup and noticed business cards with SuperBarista's name on them.. he is now the store manager!

I walk over with a card in hand, "I didn't know this!'

"Yep.. recently promoted.. please let me know when drinks aren't to your satisfaction. You come in every day with a pleasant smile, always tip us and I appreciate that."

Well I hate to complain but I mean Starbuck's isnt exactly cheap but I love it.

"DUDE, we are in business to make DRINKS, if we can't even do that right, we won't be in business! It drives me insane when the staff can't do a simple drink correctly."

Well said. Thanks for remaking my drink! I have a test Monday and need the energy!

Now I have a picture to show what drives me nuts. At least he corrected it and perfectly articulated they are indeed in the beverage making business, and if they can't do that right, they won't be in business!

No comments:

Post a Comment