Saturday, November 13, 2010

Booksmart moments and PUPPY

Booksmart moment!

The other day at the hospital I had to hang a bag of antibiotics... it's a prepackaged 100ml sterile saline with a glass bottle attached.
You have to snap the connection (like you would a glow stick necklace to activate the contents) to get the water access going. After you snap you squeeze the water into the bottle, mix it up then use negative pressure to bring it back to the bag side.
Simple enough. I've hung plenty of these before.

But every time my instructor is near me, I goof up!

She walked me through the pyxis (they have to..) we get it out, and after I snap the connection she said "squeeze"
Now my hand was on the glass bottle. I squeezed that glass bottle.
Yes. I did.
She laughed so hard.

I have my moments. Damn right I can explain the pharmacology of the drug, what to monitor for and the patient teaching!

Anyway...

Good news! Boyfriend surprised me with a 7 week old chihuahua!
She is a long haired apple head. Zoe.

We've had her since Wednesday night and she has been a hand full and nothing short of a new born.

Kennel training is my version of hell.
The past few nights have been sleepless. She whines, and whines, and whines.

She whines!!!

Most of the time she whines when she needs a potty break. Which is 1/2 hour to 1 hour on the hour.

Update:
We've now had dogchild for one week. She brings so much joy and love!
Potty training has dwindled down to her holding it most of the night (the 5-7 hours I actually sleep).

No comments:

Post a Comment